By: Dylan Lepore, Staff Writer
The first semester is ending and the end of 2016 is coming, but before we celebrate the holidays and the New Year, there is work to be done. Exams are the thing between you and those sweet Christmas cookies. This guide is going to help you understand the exam schedule. (For seniors exemptions skip down)
- Monday, December 12th is a regular school day
- Tuesday, December 13th is 2nd-period odd exam – full day(tech center students leave at 8:25)
- Wednesday, December 14th are 1st and 2nd even exams – dismissal at 11:25 (tech center students have to find a ride home after their 1st-period exam or they can sit in ISD until the buses come)
- Thursday, December 15th are 3rd and 4th odd exams – dismissal at 11:25 (odd day tech center exams – students leave for tech at 7:25)
- Friday, December 16th are 3rd and 4th even exams – dismissal at 11:25 (even day tech center exams – Students leave for tech at 7:25)
Make-ups need to be pre-arranged by Friday, December 9th at 2:30pm.
Senior Exemptions and dates
Seniors should be notified by their teacher if they are exempt from a midterm no later than Thursday, December 8th, and Friday, December 9th. Seniors must have a B or above in the class they want to be exempted from and no more than five absences in first period and no more than three in all other periods.
Seniors do not have to be here on Monday, but for students that will be here, there will be review activities for their exams. All underclassmen are expected to be here for the entire week. Students are not allowed to leave during exams, even if they end up finishing the exam or have a pass to leave they must stay for respect of the other test takers.
For more info, click here.